Your solicitor at Focused Legal has been representing persons in restraining order proceedings for over 15 years.

The Restraining Orders Act 1997 (WA) addresses assaults, stalking, threats and damage to property. However, if you are or were in a domestic or other intimate relationship then the conduct from which you can be protected extends further to, for example, cyber-stalking.

If children are involved (including witnessing violent conduct) then this is taken very seriously as this is one of the objectives of the Restraining Orders Act, namely, to protect the wellbeing of children by preventing them from being subjected or exposed to family violence.

Many restraining order applications are resolved by the respondent (being the person restrained) signing an undertaking to no longer make any contact with the applicant (being the person protected under the interim order).  Without an undertaking being signed the matter proceeds to a final hearing.  We can represent you at these hearings.

Mobile phones and the internet have permitted stalking to now include harassment using modern technology.

If you feel intimidated or threated (or have been assaulted) or if there has been an objection lodged by the respondent to an interim order that has already been made protecting you we can advise you.

See some of our frequently asked questions regarding restraining orders.

Yes. We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation or 45 minute face to face or phone consultations by prior arrangement.

This depends on which Court you would be in (should proceedings be commenced). See our fees page.

We charge at hourly rates in accordance with the costs scales issued by the various Courts and the State Administrative Tribunal.

Generally, we will see you within a few business days of your first contact with us. How quickly our meeting occurs will depend on how much of your documentation there is for us to review our meeting.

Yes, by prior arrangement.

Can you come to my home? Generally, we can do this if, for example, you have a strata issue and then we can see the property in question or, having already lodged a claim, you are in hospital and can’t come to our offices.

Yes (by prior arrangement).

Focused Legal can witness your documents by prior appointment. However, a Justice of the Peace (JP) often attends the Family Court of WA to witness Family Court documents. There are also JPs who attend local government offices to witness the documents of residents.

Yes, by prior arrangement.

For a Free Consultation Call 9444 9147

We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation or 45 minute face to face or phone consultations
by prior arrangement to discuss legal matters.