With an ageing population and wealth being more concentrated in this section of the population (and re-marriage becoming more common) there are often disputes over whether the terms of a deceased’s person’s will are fair. Focused Legal can advise you on claims under the Family Provision Act 1972 (WA) where the terms of a will can be changed by Court order.

If you are an executor to a will and wish to secure a grant of probate over the will (or if there is no will to secure letters of administration over the deceased’s estate) then we can help you with the securing the grant of probate. This can be done online and the application can be completed during our first meeting.

If you are an executor and not sure how to administer the estate’s assets and address its liabilities then we can advise you on how to properly discharge your duties.

If you wish to receive advice on challenging the terms of an unfair will we can provide you with the advice you need. You only have 6 months from the grant of probate to make a family provision claim so you ought make a decision as soon as practicable to ensure that a claim is properly prepared and filed within this time.

We can also draft a will for you. You ought draft a new will as soon as possible following separation from your spouse or de facto partner. Contact us for more details.

Yes. We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation or 45 minute face to face or phone consultations by prior arrangement.

This depends on which Court you would be in (should proceedings be commenced). See our fees page.

We charge at hourly rates in accordance with the costs scales issued by the various Courts and the State Administrative Tribunal.

Generally, we will see you within a few business days of your first contact with us. How quickly our meeting occurs will depend on how much of your documentation there is for us to review our meeting.

Yes, by prior arrangement.

Can you come to my home? Generally, we can do this if, for example, you have a strata issue and then we can see the property in question or, having already lodged a claim, you are in hospital and can’t come to our offices.

Yes (by prior arrangement).

Focused Legal can witness your documents by prior appointment. However, a Justice of the Peace (JP) often attends the Family Court of WA to witness Family Court documents. There are also JPs who attend local government offices to witness the documents of residents.

Yes, by prior arrangement.

For a Free Consultation Call 9444 9147

We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation or 45 minute face to face or phone consultations
by prior arrangement to discuss legal matters.