While the divorce rate in Australia is trending downwards (partly explained by less couples actually marrying in the first place) there are many non-married (de facto) couples whose separation raises the same issues as divorcing couples where arrangements for children need to be made and property issues need to be resolved.

Before proceedings are commenced in the Family Court of WA the parties must engage in the pre-action procedures and mediation using their best endeavours to settle their dispute by agreement. If you reach agreement, Focused Legal can assist you with preparing the court papers you need to document your agreement for filing in the Family Court. If you cannot reach agreement, then we can assist you in seeking the Court’s assistance.

Yes. We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation or 45 minute face to face or phone consultations by prior arrangement.

This depends on which Court you would be in (should proceedings be commenced). See our fees page.

We charge at hourly rates in accordance with the costs scales issued by the various Courts and the State Administrative Tribunal.

Generally, we will see you within a few business days of your first contact with us. How quickly our meeting occurs will depend on how much of your documentation there is for us to review our meeting.

Yes, by prior arrangement.

Can you come to my home? Generally, we can do this if, for example, you have a strata issue and then we can see the property in question or, having already lodged a claim, you are in hospital and can’t come to our offices.

Yes (by prior arrangement).

Focused Legal can witness your documents by prior appointment. However, a Justice of the Peace (JP) often attends the Family Court of WA to witness Family Court documents. There are also JPs who attend local government offices to witness the documents of residents.

Yes, by prior arrangement.

For a Free Consultation Call 9444 9147

We offer a free 15 minute phone consultation or 45 minute face to face or phone consultations
by prior arrangement to discuss legal matters.